Wildebeest Migration 3 Days 2 Nights Luxury Safari Offer
Embark on an unforgettable 3 days in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve as you witness the Great Wildebeest Migration, one of the most majestic and astounding natural events on the planet. From dawn game drives, to sundowner drinks on the plains and a front row seat at the thunderous migration river crossings, this adventure-filled luxury Kenya safari is truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Be at the heart of the Wildebeest migration
- See the Big 5
- Experience incredible photographic opportunities
- Enjoy a private vehicle on full-day game drives
A PERSONALISED EXPERIENCE
At Losokwan Camp, your enjoyment is at the forefront of everything we do, and we offer a completely personalized service. These itineraries have been designed based on our experiences, but if any part of them aren’t exactly as you would like, then we can tailor make them so they are perfectly suited to your personal preferences.
DAY 1: NAIROBI TO THE MASAI MARA AND AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE
On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta international airport in Nairobi, our driver and guide will greet you and transfer you to Wilson Airport for your very first adventure. You’ll soar over the Masai Mara National Reserve on a 45 minute flight to the Lemek Conservancy, watching the vast landscape and dots of wildlife below. On arrival at the landing strip, you’ll embark on your very first game drive as you set off on the 30 minute drive to the Losokwan Camp, passing by herds of grazing impala or regal giraffes, and perhaps even spotting your very first predator.
You’ll arrive in time for a hearty lunch, after which you can soak up the beautiful, wild and unfenced surroundings of our luxury tented camp in the Masai Mara. In the late afternoon, as the red African sun starts to make its way towards the horizon, embark on an exhilarating game drive. Renowned for its predators, the Lemek Conservancy is home to a healthy pride of over 15 lions and sightings of cheetahs are also commonplace on the open plains. If you’ve dreamed of seeing the Big 5 – lion, leopard, African elephant, black rhino and Cape African buffalo – your chances are high in these thriving, lush lands.
From the comfort of our open-sided, custom-built 4x4 safari land cruiser, enjoy the age-old safari tradition of sipping a sundowner drink as you watch the sun dip below the horizon of the rolling plains and feel the magic of the Masai Mara envelope you. Back at camp it’s time for a hot shower, lavish dinner and an evening spent around a roaring fire.
DAY 2: A FULL DAY MASAI MARA SAFARI TO THE WILDEBEEST CROSSING POINTS
The Wildebeest Migration is one of the most astounding natural events on the planet and today you’ll be at the heart of it. After breakfast at the camp (or you have the option to take a packed breakfast with you) it’s time to make our way across the plains to the wildebeest crossing points. Our experienced guides will find the best vantage points from which to see the thunderous mass of animals – wildebeest, zebras and gazelles – as they come together to splash across the rivers on their great migration to the lush green grasses.
From the safety of our open-sided 4x4 safari land cruisers you will have uninterrupted views of this annual spectacle and both amateur and experienced photographers will get the opportunity to take images you’ll treasure forever on this incredible photographic safari. Our guide will move you between crossing points, anticipating the best moments. In quieter times, before the thunder of hooves descends, there is time to take in the other plains wildlife such as herds of majestic elephants, lounging hippos and to enjoy a packed lunch.
In the late afternoon, filled with adrenaline and excitement, it’s time to return to camp for a shower, delicious dinner and evening spent reliving the wonders of the day around the campfire.
DAY 3: EARLY MORNING GAME DRIVE AND RETURN JOURNEY TO NAIROBI
On your third day at Losokwan Camp, wake at dawn to the gentle sounds of the Masai Mara stirring around you. After a quick cup of tea or coffee, hop into the safari jeep and we’ll set off on an early morning game drive. At this magical hour of the day, the plains are starting to wake with the rising sun, and this is prime time to spot predator activity. With your heart in your mouth and your camera at the ready you’ll be on the lookout for our resident lions, cheetahs, leopards and jackals who hunt in the soft glow of dawn before the heat of the day sets in.
You’ll return to the camp for a hearty breakfast, but this isn’t the end of your wildlife encounters. After bidding farewell to Losokwan Camp and its attentive staff, beautiful surroundings and inquisitive wildlife, you’ll drive to the landing strip across the plains of the Masai Mara for one last game drive.
Once back at Nairobi’s Wilson Airport, our guide will meet you and transfer you to the international airport for your flight home or if you have a later flight, you can spend the day exploring fascinating, vibrant Nairobi. We can arrange a variety of activities for you including visits to;
- The Giraffe Center, a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering research, conservation and awareness of the endangered Rothschild Giraffe
- The David Sheldrick Centre, a center for orphaned elephants
- The National Museum
- The Karen Blixen Museum, the former home of the Danish author famous for her book Out of Africa
- A game drive in the Nairobi National Park, located just 4 miles south of the city and home to over 50 black rhinos
COST OF THE ABOVE
Mid-Season: 03rd Jan-31st March/ 01st Nov - 19th Dec
- USD 1615 per person
Green Season: 01st April – 30th June
- USD 1531 per person
High Season: 01st July -31st Oct
- USD 1929 per person
High Season 2: 20th Dec -02nd Jan 2021
- USD 1899 per person
- All meals
- Return domestic flights from Nairobi to Masai Mara
- Nairobi airport transfers
- Transfers to and from the local airstrip in the Masai Mara
- Unlimited shared game drives in the Lemek Conservancy
- Full day game drive with picnic lunch
- Masai Mara game reserve entrance fee
- Unlimited sundowners and picnic breakfast
- Optional private dinner on the tent deck
- Wireless internet
- All Government Taxes
- Hot air balloon safari
- Night game drive
- Bush walk
- Cultural visit
- Single room supplement
- Activities in Nairobi
- The last flight to the Masai Mara leaves Nairobi at either 3pm or 3.30pm, so if your international flight arrives late in the afternoon or evening you will need to overnight in Nairobi. We are happy to book accommodation for you in Nairobi, and our representative will collect you from the airport, drop you off at the hotel and pick you up in the morning after breakfast in time for your flight to the Masai Mara from Wilson airport.
- Additional activities in Nairobi will be charged as extra.